Saturday, August 09, 2008

Number one

When I started this blog, I meant it to be a site that explains biology, in its broadest sense. But then I realized that, for one, I’m just an undergraduate student and that there are far, FAR more qualified people besides me out there in the internet. And a lot have done an admirably good job of explaining things. For another, the field is just so goddamn vast and varied that I don’t know where to begin.

So, Not Quite Alchemy will be the diary of a biology grad student. Follow me as I go about another semester of my course.

Just to get you up to speed, I’m doing a newfangled five year course, from which I will graduate with an M.Sc. And I’m currently in the third year of the course. Now that that’s settled, wish me luck. A new semester, new challenges. And new insights, hopefully. Keep your rubber gloves handy :D

No comments: